|標題：Value Creation from a Food Traceability System Based on a Hierarchical Model of Consumer Personality Traits|
|作品名稱||Value Creation from a Food Traceability System Based on a Hierarchical Model of Consumer Personality Traits|
|著者||Aihwa Chang; Tseng, Chung-Hui; Chu, Min-yeh|
|出版者||Bingley: Emerald Group Publishing Limited|
|著錄名稱、卷期、頁數||British Food Journal 115(9), pp.1361-1380|
– A food traceability system that provides detailed information on food production, processing, transfer, and distribution can create value in food exchange. This study aims to investigate which type of consumer personality places greater value on the food traceability label.
– According to the meta-theoretic model of motivation and personality (3M), this study develops a framework that links personality traits with food safety issues. Data are collected from a survey of consumers in shopping malls. The research hypotheses are tested using structural equation modeling.
– Based on the 3M hierarchical model, consumers who have open, conscientious, and extroverted personalities, and material and body needs tend to have higher needs for learning and health consciousness. They care more for food value and have positive perception of food traceability labels. This results in intentions to purchase products with a food traceability label.
– Using their conclusions on the relationship of personality traits with a food traceability system, the authors provide suggestions for businesses planning marketing strategies to gain competitive advantages. For consumers, a food traceability system creates value in food exchange. Regarding policy concerns, the government should regulate the implementation of a food traceability label to disclose comprehensive information regarding food safety.
– Although various constructs are linked to food traceability, few studies have focused on the value of food exchange. Consumers with specific personality characteristics have different perceptions and reactions to a food traceability system. This study can fill the knowledge gap regarding the relationship between the value of food exchange and consumer personality traits.
|關鍵字||Consumer behaviour;Food safety;Personality|